Wednesday, March 20, marks Tuition Freedom Day on PLNU’s campus. This day, observed annually for the past four years, is a chance for PLNU students to celebrate financial support given to them by various alumni, donors, churches, corporations, and foundations.

Currently at PLNU, tuition only fulfills 76 percent of the total cost for a student’s education, which means the remaining 24 percent is covered through gifts. Without these gifts, students would see a yearly increase of over $9,000, or over $36,000 for those attending four years. And since tuition at PLNU has never fully accounted for all education expenses, anyone who has ever attended the university has been a recipient of this assistance.

TuitionFreedom“As alumni of PLNU, each of us received more than our tuition covered. And for this, we are extremely thankful to those who gave so generously to provide for us. Now it is a blessing for us to have the opportunity to give and help current and future PLNU students,” said Sheryl Smee, director of alumni relations.

Tuition Freedom Day aims not only to increase awareness of the generous gifts offered to PLNU students, but also to provide an outlet for students to express their gratitude. Along with complimentary refreshments and a time of fellowship, students will be given the opportunity to write personalized thank you letters to alumni and other donors. In exchange for their notes of appreciation, students will receive t-shirts commemorating the special day.

For more information about Tuition Freedom Day, please visit http://www.pointloma.edu/life/alumni/alumni-events/tuition-freedom-day.

 

 

Posted & filed under Alumni, Students.

Comments are closed.